What does Alan use?
In 2013, the wired Oculus Rift developer kit was a game changer to put on and play with.
In 2015, this became even more freeing with the standalone Gear VR Powered by Oculus.
In 2020, I use a standalone Oculus Quest.
In 2017, the Oculus Rex team made a number of findings about creating worlds in VR.
- Small spaces can pack a lot of content.
- The magic is in the details.
- Acknowledge people as if they are really in the world you created.
- Adding complexity is more than likely not the right decision in VR.
Or, in other words:
- People love boundaries for security and comfort.
- People love discovering new things.
- People love being recognised and respected.
- People love things to be as simple as possible (but no simpler).
The original video is here: