Fixed fee quotes are preferred when possible, otherwise Life Architect Consulting provides services on an hourly rate. Usually minimum 2 hour engagement, paid in advance. Fees are reasonably incremented for consulting that is over 40 hours total. Fees are in USD. Currently the hourly rates are as follows:
|Consulting and advisory on AI||$1,000/hour|
|Keynote speaking on AI||To be discussed|
Available internationally. Alan has experience working through the USA, UK, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. 2022 AI engagements include multinational Fortune 500 organizations with engagements delivered in London and New York timezones, private seminars at universities, and advisory to governments in Europe.
- AI consulting and advisory for intergovernmental organisations (IGOs) including member states of the European Union, the Commonwealth, the United Nations, and the World Trade Organization.
- AI advisory for governments including countries in Europe (under NDA, 2022).
- Board-level AI advisory with a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Creating organisation-specific AI guidance, policy, process, and procedure.
- Creating world-class reports and visualisations of AI for organisations.
AI alignment with human values
- Facilitation of best-practice AI design, development, implementation, and optimisation (high-level, no coding).
- Advisory on ethical and moral considerations in AI.
- Review of AI platforms within organisations.
- Expertise on best-practice considerations in AI.
- Ongoing support for AI implementation with a multi-disciplinary approach.
Speaking and seminars
- Presenting seminars on AI focus areas (datasets, models, applications, brain comparison, best practice).
- Training to bring staff up to speed on current and emerging AI trends.
- Facilitating workshops on AI application opportunities for organisations.
- Book your next seminar with Alan here.
Alan is no longer engaged in software development or coding directly (besides prompt crafting and priming), though referrals and recommendations are offered through close collaborators. These collaborators include software developers with extensive experience in rapid prototyping using current models such as:
- Aleph Alpha Luminous.
- OpenAI GPT-3 (API).
- AI21 Jurassic-1 and Jurassic-X (API).
- GPT-J 6B by EleutherAI (internal).
- GPT-NeoX-20B by EleutherAI (internal).
- Megatron-11B and related models (internal).
- BigScience BLOOM 176B (internal).
GPT-J, GPT-NeoX-20B, Megatron-11B, and some other options are available to be deployed internally, with no external API needed. This has been important for security-conscious organisations who don’t want to expose their data/documents to foreign companies.
Dr Alan D. Thompson is an AI expert and consultant. With Leta (an AI powered by GPT-3), Alan co-presented a seminar called ‘The new irrelevance of intelligence’ at the World Gifted Conference in August 2021. His applied AI research and visualisations are featured across major international media, including citations in the University of Oxford’s debate on AI Ethics in December 2021. He has held positions as chairman for Mensa International, consultant to GE and Warner Bros, and memberships with the IEEE and IET. He is open to consulting and advisory on major AI projects with intergovernmental organisations and enterprise.
This page last updated: 1/Sep/2022. https://lifearchitect.ai/ai-consulting/↑